April 21, 2012

Literacy :)


Using Fry's First 100 Words with your kiddos? Here is an awesome resource, including the list, a checklist for recording student responses, and all 100 words written individually on flash cards! Thanks "Unique Teaching Resources"! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
At school we use the Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) kits. Sometimes I need to skip around and/or use a book from another level. I found this link that lists all the books in the LLI kits, and although it is intended to price the books, it is helpful as it shows the level, lesson number and title of each book.



*On a side note, I am so thankful that we have these kits! Man are they expensive, but well worth it! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I focus on different skills with every reading group that I see. While one group is focusing on letters and letter sounds, another may be working on beginning blends or other reading strategies. I stumbled upon these two charts and I cannot wait to print them off soon to use with my groups!

The first is a blends and digraphs chart available here.

The other is an alphabet chart given away as a freebie on this adorable blog! Thank you "Kindertastic"!! :)

Here is the link to the chart-I can't wait to show it to my kiddos!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week we have been talking about stretching out words while reading and looking for parts of  words that we know with some of my reading groups. This spun off into a mini-lesson about word endings and when I found this cute anchor chart on Pinterest I knew I would have to make one. There goes my Sunday.. :)


(Note: I would like to give credit to the original author of this but the Pinterest link doesn't lead to anything for me, so if you are the original author, then thanks! Send me a link to the original posting and I will credit you for your awesome idea on my page!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those days when kids don't feel like practicing sight words, these cards are a really good alternative. I found them as a freebie on a really cute blog, which you can check out by clicking here.

The link to the free printable is here.


Thanks "I Love 2 Teach" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment